COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high-energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission and motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to have the opportunity to work with several leading-edge technologies. Come work with a team of top-notch engineers and product managers to help ensure the highest quality product delivery for our customers in our solar lending division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand customer usage models
- Develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios
- Create and execute automated regression tests
- Conduct manual testing when necessary
- Responsible for driving our software development process towards quality-centric methodologies
- Work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Product Managers to understand project features, review technical implementations, and implement a testing strategy
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- 4+ years overall QAE or development experience.
- Highly motivated business professional, able to thrive in a small-team environment
- Be comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Be practical coding experience with automated web testing tools and services.
- The ability to write quality code in at least one high-level language like PHP, Python, C#, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Automation architecture development and/or maintenance experience.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.