COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
Energy Loan Network (ELN), a wholly owned subsidiary and part Forbright Bank’s Sustainable Finance Division, is an energy efficiency and solar loan broker that helps to facilitate connections between participating lenders, contractors, and consumers, primarily serving the residential market.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a polished professional with considerable partner program & success management experience, especially within the residential solar consumer lending industry, to lead rapid expansion and maturity of our partner success program. The Director of Partner Success & Growth (DPSG) will lead and motivate teams of Managers and Specialists to rapidly grow a base of participating Partners, nurture program engagement with new Partners, expand program engagement with existing Partners, and drive long-term ROI in the form of maximized lifetime partner value. Working closely with the Vice President of Operations, the DPSG will develop mechanisms for monitoring & ensuring Partner progression along critical success milestones, take a data driven approach to “tiering” existing Partners to optimize the return of “high touch” partner engagement/nurture, and drive sales via strategic partner management. The DPGS will enjoy a high degree of earned trust and autonomy to drive maximization of lifetime partner value with the opportunity to enjoy great rewards in doing so at a rapidly growing organization with the full backing of a national $Billion bank and brand. The right individual for the job will have superb written & spoken communication skills, an uncanny ability to sift through ambiguity to identify useful meaning, a well-developed analytical toolkit (both quantitative & qualitative), but most importantly an extremely high appetite for growth with a long history of successfully meeting/exceeding 3rd party sales goals as a people manager and partner program owner.
REGULAR SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm (Pacific)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive end to end success of the Partner Success Program, including new Partner acquisition & onboarding, early milestone nurture, and driving sales from Partners at all ends of the Partner journey
- Directly manage, motivate, coach, and mentor new partner acquisition managers, existing partner success managers, and existing partner success specialists
- Assist in hiring new partner acquisition managers, existing partner success managers, and existing partner success specialists
- Actively monitor and influence achievement of Partner Success “journey” milestones related to onboarding and transition from prospective/new partner to long term “happy path” partnership
- Source and assign prospective partners to be actively “hunted” by new partner acquisition managers
- Manage and optimize the MQL assignment process
- Strategically manage assignment of existing Partners to Partner Success Managers to optimize ROI of proactive nurturing efforts
- Drive continuous improvement of the Partner experience across the critical path of the Partner journey including recommendations for improvements to the Partner Portal platform
- Ensure policy is followed to drive the acquisition of high quality partners that meet program participation criteria, and that will demonstrate high quality partner behavior including submissions of loan applications with a high rate of both approval and funding
- Introduce and lead strategic initiatives to extend the reach of the partner program in terms of both count and types of partners
- Assist with converting market intel and internal performance metrics into insight analytics that yield direct inputs for partner program improvement
- Above all else, drive and be accountable for managing the partner success program such that sales/funded loan volume goals are reached, and preferably exceeded
- Proven history (3-5+ years) of repeatedly meeting or exceeding indirect sales goals as the manager/director of a 3rd party Partner Program
- 3-5+ years of previous experience managing a variety of early to mid-career staff who are accountable to tracked activity goals, driving partners to reach clear milestones, and who carry production quotas designed to support an overall program production/sales goal
- A strong working acumen and previous experience in residential solar/energy efficiency lending
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Previous experience successfully executing all listed duties and responsibilities in a previous role
- Previous relevant work experience at a solar, energy efficiency, home improvement lending company
- Previous experience and accountability for rapidly growing participation of residential solar and energy efficiency contractors in a residential lending partner program through the efforts of managed staff
- Previous experience managing multiple manager level staff tasked with partner and/or channel/partner program management, especially in the residential consumer solar, energy efficiency, and/or home improvement lending industry
- Previous experience in a role where strong knowledge and application of the Partner Success framework was crucial to success
- Previous experience identifying Partner behaviors that drive long term program engagement, translating those behaviors into milestones, and setting policy within a Partner Success team to nurture desired partner behaviors and reach engagement & production/sales milestones
- Clear and obvious charisma, especially when it comes to motivating and encouraging others with regard to Partner acquisition and management
- Strong technical skills with the ability to quickly learn various systems and applications
- Experience using data and BI tools to create a feed of insight analytics and real-time staff activity
- Impeccable leadership skills, with the ability to create calm and confidence under pressure
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and proactively problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- An inclination to service leadership and to genuinely care about those around you
- Acute attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and PPT skills
- A Bachelor’s or Advanced Professional Degree/Certification from a nationally ranked business school
- Experience or proficiency in Fintech
- Direct sales experience
- Previous work experience at a quickly scaling series B or later stage startup
- Experience preparing or contributing to CXO consumable content
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer