COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
Energy Loan Network (ELN), a wholly owned subsidiary and part Forbright Bank’s Sustainable Finance Division, is an energy efficiency and solar loan broker that helps to facilitate connections between participating lenders, contractors, and consumers, primarily serving the residential market.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a dynamic and flexible individual contributor who will be able to lean into all areas of ELN operations, with particular focus on strategic special projects. The Senior Business Associate will be a true “Swiss Army Knife”, working closely with the Vice President of Operations on multiple initiatives simultaneously, with responsibilities including but not limited to business analysis, project management, process design, continuous improvement, due diligence, competitive benchmarking, business metrics reporting and measurement, and strategic channel management. The right individual for the job will have superb written & spoken communication skills, an uncanny ability to sift through ambiguity to identify useful meaning, a well-developed analytical toolkit (both quantitative and qualitative), the ability to become proficient in new skills quickly, and an extremely high appetite for growth.
REGULAR SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm (Pacific)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide project management structure & support to a multi-faceted and large impact initiative to nationally launch business operations for one of Forbright Bank’s newly acquired wholly owned subsidiaries: ELN
- Prepare analysis, summaries, and models of current state operations juxtaposed future state operations
- Assist with 3rd party vendor acquisitions due diligence
- Assist with gathering, organizing, delivering, and validation of business requirements for process design
- Help prepare user experience concept mockups for future state systems usage
- Quickly turn around requests from ELN senior leadership for market and other strategic analysis/intel
- Prepare staff productivity metrics reports
- Readiness to own and take on new responsibilities with a high degree of flexibility
- Eagerness to jump in and do “the boring stuff” at times, including taking notes at key stakeholder meetings, translating them into action items, and seeing them through to completion
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a nationally ranked business school, or equivalent work experience
- Any previous work experience in management/strategy consulting, or investment banking
- Experience or proficiency in Fintech
- Previous work experience at a company in the solar, energy efficiency, and/or home improvement industry
- Any previous work experience at a quickly scaling series B or later stage startup
- Any previous work experience at a FAANG
- Experience with business requirements gathering for enterprise software design & implementation
- Experience preparing or contributing to prospectus’, pitch decks, or any other CXO consumable content
- You can make magic happen in Excel and PPT
- You have automated processes using any technology
- Any proficiency with basic web development and/or systems integrations including APIs
- Experience with project management
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and proactively problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong technical skills with the ability to quickly learn various systems and applications
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer