COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a VP, Sustainable Finance that is responsible for underwriting and preparing internal memoranda for new commercial real estate loans in the “sustainable finance” space, including construction and bridge loans on “green” buildings and affordable housing as well as senior loans paired with C-PACE that will also be originated within the Sustainable Finance division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with Borrowers and Intermediaries to triage opportunities and complete initial underwritings
- Assess deal credits and complete underwriting of commercial real estate properties
- Create internal memoranda that outline the strengths and weaknesses of a transaction
- Assist in managing loans post-closing including draws and modifications
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year, accredited institution
- 4-7 years experience in Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Highly motivated business professional, able to thrive in small-team environment
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Argus and experience underwriting commercial real estate
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer