Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: The API developer performs software design and development of APIs and integration of systems within the bank. The developer collaborates with technical staff, business users, and outside vendors to perform analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of APIs. The developer utilizes best practices, security standards, and software development policies as part of their development to develop secure, reliable APIs in an AWS Cloud environment. The developer designs and develops integrations between systems used by the bank utilizing APIs, ETL tools and processes. The developer maintains API documentation and technical specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with business, technical staff, and outside vendors to analyze requirements for design of APIs and integrations
- Perform full life cycle software design and development to implement APIs for digital banking and other initiatives
- Manage catalog of APIs; document APIs and build out a developer portal
- Utilize best practices and security standards to develop highly secured APIs
- Design and implement logging and monitoring processes
- Set up and perform development testing, load, and performance testing for APIs
- Develop integrations between company and vendor systems that both consume and provide APIs
- Perform ETL development as needed to manage data integration needs between systems
- Provide production support as needed and assist with software releases as necessary
- Utilize problem solving skills to resolve system and technical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members and staff
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with PHP or Python
- 2+ years of experience developing secure REST APIs
- 1+ years of experience with Amazon API Gateway and developing Amazon Lamba functions
- Knowledge of OpenAPI/Swagger, REST, JSON, HTTP and other API development standards and tools
- Experience with API testing tools such as SoapUI
- Experience with ETL tools such as AWS Glue a plus
- Experience working on development projects that use git
- Familiarity with JIRA
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.