JOB TITLE: Relationship Banker I/Teller
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Community Manager
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a Relationship Banker I/Teller that will be responsible for providing great service to new and existing clients, while maintaining conformance with established Bank policies, procedures and objectives. Performs any function, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. “Service” is the highest priority of the Bank—all employees must strive to provide excellent service and adhere to Bank Standards. ___________________________________________________________________________________________
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in cash handling/counting, selling monetary instruments, redeeming savings bonds and processing loan payments
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, night depository, and ATM
- Ability to settle/balance cash drawer accurately and efficiently at the end of each day
- Perform intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and internal audits
- Assist customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services
- Cross-selling the Bank's products and services and completing maintenance on accounts and relationships in the core processing system
- Performing branch clerical duties as assigned
- Promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services
- Ensuring compliance with all banking regulations, internal controls, established policies and procedures
- Reports all large currency transactions and suspicious activity/transactions to BSA department
- Provide account research as requested by customer
- Provide superior customer service to the bank’s clientele
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year, accredited institution
- At least one (1) year banking experience required
- Cash-handling experience
- Experience with Teller Cash Recycler Machine
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for providing professional and courteous service to bank’s clientele
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.