JOB TITLE: Wire Transfer Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Digital Banking Manager
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: The Wire Transfer Specialist supports all duties within the Wire Room to include processing, monitoring, verifying, and posting of Domestic and International wire transfers. Follow established policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OFAC, Regulation J, Regulation E, and the Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- “Service” is the highest priority of the Bank. All employees must strive to provide excellent service and adhere to Company Standards.
- Perform day-to-day duties such as processing, monitoring, verifying and posting of incoming and outgoing wires via the Bank’s Wire Transfer application.
- Ensure controls are in place and that procedures are followed at all times to protect the Bank and its customers from losses.
- Clear OFAC queue accurately with clear concise notes attached and escalate OFAC hits in accordance with BSA policy guidelines.
- Initiate research for all wire functions when necessary and adjust client accounts/prepare responses to ensure compliance while maintaining adherence to Bank’s policy and procedures.
- Provide excellent, consistent customer service to internal and external customers without compromising wire transfer procedure guidelines.
- Determine and resolve investigations resulting from outstanding wire transactions.
- Provide customers with information and direction regarding their wire transfer status, requests, payments and obligations associated with their wire transactions.
- Perform various eWire database balancing tasks, to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all wire transfer transactions.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance of policies and procedures
- Provides account research as requested by customer
- Responsible for special projects as identified by supervisor
- Acts as back up for the Senior Wire Transfer Specialist
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree is required, or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or three years’ experience in banking operations.
- Previous wire transfer experience preferred.
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge Microsoft (Word, Excel) and the Internet
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security and inherent risk related to Wire Transfer activity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are needed.
- Knowledge of wire transfer products and services
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Position requires attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of FedLine Advantage is a plus.
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.