COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a Corporate Tax Director that is responsible for leading the company's efforts around federal, state, and local tax returns, tax withholdings, and tax credits. In this role, the ideal candidate will assist in tax planning and strategy by creating and overseeing processes in alignment with best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of state and federal income, franchise, property, sales & use tax
- Develop internal control processes and ensure tax compliance
- Oversee and review tax return preparation and ensure timely payment of taxes
- Manage tax accounting and provide support for operational processes and projects
- Be a liaison for external tax advisors for all federal, state, and local tax matters
- Analyze legislative and regulatory tax law developments to develop and communicate measures
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxation or Finance
- CPA required
- 8+ years of tax experience either in a corporate environment or combination of corporate and public accounting, of which 4+ years of management experience required
- Strong knowledge of tax technical areas such as applicable federal and state corporate income tax
- Proven track record of introducing technical solutions (automation)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with team member and business stakeholders
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer