JOB TITLE: Financial Reporting Manager
REPORTS TO: Corporate Controller
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a Financial Reporting Manager that is responsible for managing our quarterly and annual financial reporting process. The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and filing of the Bank’s external financial reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments to facilitate quarterly and annual reports
- Draft financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Coordinate the review and maintenance of supporting schedules
- Complete disclosure checklists to ensure financial statements comply with requirements
- Oversee the accounting of segment reporting and intercompany activity
- Provide technical support on accounting disclosure issues to ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Monitor and implement required disclosure changes
- Lead automation and efficiency initiatives in the financial reporting process
- Assist in coordination of the external and internal audits
For Forbright Bank to remain efficient and nimble as a growing organization, team members are expected to exhibit a high level of flexibility regarding any duties that may be situationally assigned outside of this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a 4-year, accredited institution
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, audit, or finance
- 2+ years’ experience in an SEC reporting role
- Highly motivated business professional, able to thrive in small-team environment
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer